This half day WordPress Setup training course will get your WordPress website up and running. With just a domain name and Wifi enabled laptop, we will show you how to install, configure and start writing content on your new WordPress site.
Setup Your WordPress Website Course
If you have any of the following questions, then this course is for you!
- How do I set up a WordPress Website?
- What is DNS and what do I need to do?
- What is hosting and how do I get it?
- Do I need to know programming?
- How can I modify the design of my site?
This course is ideal for WordPress starters who don’t know where to start!
WordPress Setup Training Course Objectives
When you have completed this course you will have a functioning WordPress website up and running and ready for you to start making the most of your new website.
WordPress Setup Training Course Overview
- Setup your hosting account
- Installing WordPress
- WordPress Overview
- WordPress posts, pages, categories and tags – best practice
- The essential plugins
- Installing and configuring a theme
- WordPress security – best practices
- Launching your WordPress Website
Who Should Attend?
This WordPress course is intended for novices who have struggled or lack the confidence to setup their WordPress website.
The course is aimed at non-technical users. You will not need to know HTML, for example. Proficiency with Word is sufficient.
Ideally you should have registered your domain name. We will send instructions on how to purchase and setup your hosting account, and how to link your domain name with your hosting account. There should be time on the day to purchase hosting with our preferred supplier Siteground.
If you have a logo, photos and content that you wish to use, please bring these with you on a USB stick.
The course is 3 hours and runs from 9:30 am to 12:30. Complimentary refreshments included.