This one-day WordPress Training course covers the WordPress essentials that any digital marketing specialist needs to know to manage their website and improve its marketing performance. Learn WordPress the best way, with hands-on guidance.
WordPress Training Course Objectives
After completing the WordPress training course you will be able to
- confidently write and organise good content
- feel secure in managing your website
- keep it updated and secure
- add new plugins
- modify your template.
- take control of your WordPress website!
WordPress Training Course Overview
The course covers the following topics:
- WordPress Admin Review
- WordPress Settings
- Pages, Posts, Categories & Tags
- Creating and editing Pages
- Creating and editing Posts
- Custom Fields
- Custom Post Types
- Organising content using Categories and Tags
- Media Management
- Adding images, video & more …
- Appearance, Menus, & more ….
- Installing Plugins & Themes
- Free vs Paid
- Best Practices
- Essential Plugins
- Theme Customisation
- SEO 101 – the essential settings
- Integrate Google Analytics
- Managing Security & Backups
- No WordPress experience necessary.
- Bring a Wifi enabled laptop.
- Bring login details of your WordPress website.
- Bring your logo and images on a flash or usb drive.
- Training WordPress sites to learn on if you don’t have a WordPress website.
The course is 7 hours and runs from 9:30 am to 16:30, with an hour’s lunch break. Complimentary refreshments included. There is a cafe on-site but being in central Leicester there are plenty of alternative options within a 5 minute walking radius.
Who should attend?
This course is not for those wishing to become WordPress designers or developers.